Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sick Days

Poor Brayden has been sick almost every day since his birthday.

I got the ever dreaded call from daycare on Thursday (Oct 22). Brayden had a fever & I needed to pick him up. Brayden ran a fever all weekend through Sunday afternoon. We had to cancel his big birthday party & his photo session on Sunday. Finally on Sunday, I decided that enough was enough...the fever wasn't going away & the poor baby just felt awful at times. We went to the Dr. & found out that he had Roseola. By Monday, Brayden was feeling much better, but he had to stay out of daycare again. He was fever free all day on Monday, but then Monday night the fever came back. Thankfully, my parents were able to come keep him on Tuesday so that both Matt & I could work. He was fever free all day Tuesday & was finally able to go back to daycare on Wednesday after being out since Thursday afternoon.

Then on Friday, I again got a call from daycare. Brayden was just not acting like himself & was very fussy. Matt went & got him (he was going to get him a little early anyway). Brayden was fine by the time I got home & we thought that he had been fussy because he is cutting 2 upper molars. We headed off to the beach & then on Saturday afternoon, Brayden got a fever again. The fever was low grade so I really still thought it was the teething. But on Sunday, the fever got much higher. I ended up taking him back to the Dr. yesterday. This time he has a double ear infection!!! and is now on antibiotic but was able to go back to daycare today.

We have been super lucky that he has been so healthy since being in daycare. This is really only the 2nd time he has been sick. Hopefully this is the end of Brayden being sick. It is no fun having a sick baby on your hands.

No comments: