Sunday, December 30, 2012

Funnies

I started this post a while back and had to stop for some reason so I will go ahead and finish the post now. 

Brayden and Lilly have both been doing some funny things lately.

Tonight for example, I had Lilly in her crib while I was doing some stuff in her room.  She kept saying "Mama Mama" and pointing to the shelf with lots of miscellaneous stuff on it.  She was being VERY insistent about something so after offering her several items of the shelf only to have them thrown back at me, I picked her up and took her to the shelf.  Lilly leaned forward, reached into the basket we keep socks in and pulled out socks until she found the pair she wanted.  Then she proceeded to pull the socks apart and carry them around the rest of the evening.  If one was dropped, she would say "Uh Oh" and look around until she found it.  So cute!

Lilly is also very much into wearing her winter hat.  The other night, she kept trying to get the hat from the diaper bag.  Finally, I put it on her and she walked around with the hat on for the rest of the evening...perfectly content.  Her teacher said that she did the same thing today at school.  Most kids hate to have stuff on their heads, but both of mine have always liked wearing hats!

Brayden repeats the funniest things sometimes.   He often tells Lilly "I don't think so little girl" or "no no little girl" (which is what I say sometimes to Lilly).  He is also into asking what phrases mean.  I sometimes tell him "perhaps we will be able to do (fill in the blank)".  Brayden always asks "What does perhaps mean?"  There are lots of words like "perhaps" that he wants to know the meaning of.  It is so great!

No comments: