Thursday, July 11, 2013

Visit to Grammy and Paw's house

So much for doing weekly updates!  Life has just been too busy to sit down on the computer at night and update! 

Brayden and Lilly took a trip to Grammy and Paw's house for a 4-day vacation! 
On the way to Grammy and Paw's house
They had lots of fun and Mommy and Daddy enjoyed some freedom but also got some projects done around the house :)  Unfortunatly, it rained a good portion of the time the kids were at Grammy and Paw's so a lot of things that were planned had to be cancelled.  
Watching a movie together after breakfast at Grammy and Paw's house

What can I say...this girl LOVES a rocking chair!

They did get to go fishing at Uncle Buck's lake house (which Aunt Marilyn happened to be renting for the month).  Brayden told me he caught a camouflaged fish when I asked him about fishing.  They also played putt-putt at the same place I worked at in high school (it was also open when my dad was a teenager!) 

My parents have basically converted their sun-room into a playroom for the kids.  It has a huge toy box full of toys (some that were my mom/dad's when they were kids, a table and chair set, and a tool bench)!  Pretty amazing considering we only get there a few times a year!
Apparently there was a lot of coloring that happened at Grammy and Paw's house
Lilly loves lotion (sauce as she calls it).  My mom indulged her with "sauce" every day :)


The other big thing that they did was get out my dad's Lionel train set from when he was a kid.  My dad promised Brayden that he would have it set up in the basement by Christmas so they got started.  Apparently, some of the track is broken so my dad is trying to get more track.  He also has the rocket launcher and several other cool pieces besides the actual track and trains.  You can sort of see the train set up in the background of this picture.
Lilly riding Charley Horse which my Paw Holbrook built when my dad was little. 

A mess.  I guess one day she will figure out how to eat without wearing 1/2 of it!

No comments: