Monday, February 2, 2009

Update: First Day of Daycare/Back to Work

Today was Brayden's first day at daycare and my first day back at work. I have been blessed to be able to stay home with him for 15 weeks and am able to go back to work 1/2 days (in the office at least) this first week back.

I have been dreading this day since before Brayden was even born. The closer today got, the more I upset I got about it. I LOVE being at home with him. He is so much fun to play with! I think my biggest concern about going back to work is that Brayden has NOT been taking a bottle well at all. I told his teachers this last week when we went to visit. They said it would be fine, and I know it will be. If he is hungry enough, he will eat.

After a rough start to the morning (not sleeping much last night, over-flowing the coffee pot, burning my hand on the over-flowed coffee), Matt and I went to drop Brayden off. It was SO hard to hand him over. I know he is in good hands at one of the best daycares in Wake county. I cried a little bit, but made it through better than I had expected.

I called about 9:30 to check on him and could hear him screaming over the phone. His teacher said that she was having a bit of trouble getting him to take a bottle (which I had fully expected), but that they would keep trying. When I went to pick Brayden up about 1:15, I walked in the front door and could heard him screaming again. Of course they were trying to give him a bottle. However, when I went into the room, his main teacher said that she had Brayden to take 4oz from a bottle earlier in the morning!!! I was SO proud of my little boy! At least he took one bottle! Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. She also said that other than the bottle struggle, that he was happy and well-behaved and that he had taken 2 good little naps. I am so glad that he did well his first day at daycare!

I on the other hand, couldn't wait to leave to pick him up! Someone (I still don't know who so if it was you, please fess up so that I can properly Thank You) sent me a huge bouquet of beautiful flowers! The note attached said "Thank you for having me. I love you Mommy! Brayden". I thought Matt had sent them, but he say not. I tend to believe him. I will take a picture of Brayden with the flowers he sent and post that as well.


Hopefully tomorrow goes at least as well as today did :)

1 comment:

Caleb and Adrienne said...

AWWWWW! What an up and down emotional day! At least you are one day closer to the week-end, right??

Can't wait to see the flowers. What a beautiful and thoughtful idea. I'm jealous! Ben doesn't send me flowers =0)