Monday, June 13, 2011

Brayden's Tree House

When I was little, my dad built me a tree house. It wasn't actually in a tree, but rather a fort type structure that was up in the trees. I spent hours up there as a kid "cooking for the governor" and just playing. We made "monkey grass" berry juice, fermented the corn growing in the field behind the house, and mud pie cakes served on red bud leaves. It was great!

The biggest problem with the tree house was the steps. They were really steep (think ladder) & it was not very safe to climb up/down especially if you were carrying something. Enter Brayden into the picture...

My dad decided to redo the tree house & make it safer to get into, but to also add to it. He replaced all of the railings, completely redid the steps going up/down & added a slide & swing. Here is the finished product. It looks AMAZING & Brayden LOVES it!! He can spend hours going the stairs & down the slide!

As Brayden & Lilly grow up, I hope that they enjoy the tree house as much as I did when they visit Grammy & Paw!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is what grandfathers do.Paw