Sunday, July 24, 2011

Brayden's Big Boy Room!!

We started working on Brayden's "Big Boy Room" back in early March, but we just finished putting the final touches on the room this afternoon! Partly because we have been so busy & partly because I have been lazy! We went with a sports/ball theme for now because the boy is CRAZY about sports right now! He loves to play baseball & soccer so it just made sense & it is a theme that will last a few years at least.

My mom made the dust ruffle, curtains, and throw pillows for the bed (which I am currently LOVING at story time)! I picked a comforter that is navy/red so that it will grow with Brayden...I didn't want something that he was going to outgrow in just a few years. Currently, he has "Cars" sheets on the bed but he also has a set of sports/ball sheets that match the lamp and wall clings. Again, something that we could fairly easily (and cheaply) change out as he grows older. The lamp was really the starting spot for the room! I saw it at Target & immediatly knew that was what we needed for Brayden's big boy room!


Aunt Dana painted the letters and did an incredible job! I was blown away by how they turned out!The animals on the shelf (rhino, lion, and elephant) are all hand made of beads. They are incredible pieces of art! One of the Drs that I work with at Duke brought them back for Brayden from South Africa and Brayden really likes them a lot!

A HUGE THANK YOU to my mom & Aunt Dana for helping make Brayden's room so special & awesome! We definitely couldn't have done it with out your help & talent!


1 comment:

Dana E. said...

You're welcome Jennifer! Glad you guys like the letters! His room looks so great now that it's all together!