Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fun times with Mommy

I am keeping Brayden at home 2 days a week until I go back to work. I have been trying to do some fun things with him that we often don't get time to do when both Matt & I are working (plus it saves us a decent amount of money each week!) Although we have had a few "difficult" days, overall it is going really well!

The first day I kept Brayden at home, I took him (and Lilly of course) to Marbles Kids Museum in downtown Raleigh. Of course, like normal, I had the camera with me, but only took a few photos the entire time we were there! Brayden had a blast playing at the big train table.
He wasn't as into the "pretend play" area as I thought he would be. Maybe it was because there was SO MANY people there that it was overwhelming to him. Maybe it would be better if he had a friend to play with while we were there. I did snap a quick picture of him in the ambulance & playing on the slide though!

While Brayden played, Lilly enjoyed a nice long morning nap!
After a while downstairs, we went upstairs to the sports area where Brayden enjoyed playing soccer. We also checked out the "Make your own car" area. He loved racing his car down the track & seeing it crash of the end!

He also really enjoyed the "bank" area. Unfortunately, we didn't get to spend much time in that space because it was lunch time & we were all getting hungry. Next time, I will know to start upstairs & then work our way back downstairs!

We also got together with a friend from high school & her 2 girls. As soon as Stacy picked up Lilly, Brayden ran over (he was being very protective!) and sat with Stacy.
They came over last week for a play date. Brayden enjoyed showing Megan & Sarah his slime that he made at school! They also colored, rode on the tricycle, played with the trains & train table!
Megan wanted in on the baby holding action too!
Thanks for coming to visit Stacy, Megan, and Sarah! We will have to get together again soon!

Next week, Brayden starts swim lessons at the Y!! He is old enough to be in a class without me! I can't believe that he is already 3!! After swim lessons are over, I am not sure what we will do. I am trying to do a little lesson with him each day, mainly to work on the stuff he is missing at school. His teacher is even sending home "homework" (at my request). This week, he is working on writing the letter "E"!

No comments: