Thursday, May 24, 2012

Update on Brayden

I haven't done an update on Brayden in a while so I will start with him.

He is so funny most of the time these days!  Brayden says the silliest things and acts so funny when he wants but can be VERY focused and serious other times.  He also knows exactly what he wants and is going to be a great boss one day if he continues the way he is now.  For example, Matt and Brayden were playing with his tool bench at my parents house last weekend and Brayden told Matt "Take the hammer and nail this here, then take the screwdriver and take this screw out and then use this wrench to pull this nail out".  He knew exactly what he wanted his daddy to do.

Being safe while working with his "power tools"
Brayden recently completed another round of swim lessons and is really starting to "get it".  He starts the next set of swim lessons in just a few weeks.  I think after this next round, he will graduate to the next level!

A few weekends ago, I let him try a new fun, but messy "craft" while I was making baby food.  Baking soda, vinegar, and a medicine dropper.  I put food coloring in the vinegar and the put baking soda in a bowl (then later into a muffin pan) and let him drop the colored vinegar into the baking soda.  He really enjoyed watching the fizz for about 30 minutes!

 A few weeks ago we went to my best childhood friend son's 3rd birthday party at the Durham Science Museum.  Brayden had a great time at the party, riding the train, and seeing the dinosaurs!  Happy Birthday Wesley!


Matt and Brayden recently enjoyed watching an Eric Clapton concert on TV together.  I have a photo of Matt and Brayden watching the Allman Brothers together when Brayden was just a few weeks old so I had to get this one too.  

Mother's day weekend we went to another birthday party for a friend's son's 1st birthday.  The party was kite themed and each of the older kids got a small kite.  Brayden had a blast running around at my parents house flying his kite.  It got pretty far up in the air a few of the times!

Brayden knows all of his letter sounds and can write most letters (uppercase) now.  I think he knows his numbers but the kid is super stubborn and doesn't like to show off his skills on demand, but I occasionally catch him reading a number in a book etc, so I think he really does know them now.  He is also quite a little artist when it comes to drawing cars/trucks.  Most days I bring home 4-5 pages with cars, trucks, and letters on them!

He is very active and still enjoys sports.  He recently completed a soccer class at school.  We are hoping to enroll him is another sport activity later this summer.

He is still small for his age, weighing only about 28-29lbs, but he is growing taller every day!
As of mid-February Brayden is completly potty trained as well!!!  I think those are the main updates from Brayden for now...

No comments: