Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lilly's 1st Birthday Party

We went all out for Lilly's 1st Birthday Party.  50+ people were invited (about 25 actually came), including most of our small group from church, immediate family, Lilly's great-grandparents , and several other friends.  I handmade all of the decorations and invitations, which considering I am not a crafty person, was rather impressive!  I know Lilly won't remember this ever, but I want her to be able to look back at the photos one day and smile, knowing that I did all of this for her, because I love her so much!  It was totally worth all of the work and time!  I actually really enjoyed making all of the decorations and may try to do more in the future!


I have had a theme in mind since we decorated her nursery over a year ago - pink and green polka dots.  Her nursery is similar, so my plan is to use some of the decorations in her nursery as well :)  I stole some ideas from my good friend Jennifer, who did a lady bug themed party for her sweet daughter back in May.  Then I got more ideas from Pinterest and Esty.  Such great websites! 

(please excuse the photos...blogger is being a pain & I can't get the photos to go/do what I want)
Our good friend Jennifer (who I stole ideas from) made Lilly's tutu.  I ordered her shirt and head band from Etsy.

Sweet Melanie.  She just moved back to the US from PNG and is now getting ready to move to Colorado!  We are really going to miss Melanie and the rest of her family!
Wesley enjoying a cupcake
Brayden & Ben playing football in the front yard
I think we found the next NCSU quarterback!  Look at that form!
Paw and Lilly
Jocelyn (Melanie's birthday twin!)
Sandra and a sleepy Camilo

Hmmm...I wonder what this is?


Not too bad...

 I like it!!
Beth & Vince
Cute photo
Grammy & Lilly (and a better shot of her outfit!)
The food table.  My mom saw this cute idea to take cheap table clothes, layer them and cut polka dots out of the top one! 
Thanks to Aunt Amy, we had yummy tasting fondant polka dots on the cake & cupcake. 

Fruit loops and flowers :)
Tissue paper pom-poms.  Super cheap and easy to make.  These will be moving to Lilly's room at some point :)

Happy Birthday Lillian sign and High chair ribbon decorations. 
1 Yr Photo banner...this one was really fun to do and I don't want to take it down now.

No comments: