Monday, September 17, 2012

Lilly's 1st day in the Toddler room

Today was Lilly's 1st full day in the Toddler room at school.  She was supposed to have transitioned last week (2hrs Monday - Tuesday, 4hrs Wednesday - Thursday, and all day on Friday), but she was out sick part of Wednesday and all of Thursday.  I spoke with the director about letting her transition a bit this week as well instead of just throwing her in after only 2 2hr days.  They were fine with this. 

I guess she was doing so well (although Ms Brenda, her new teacher, did say there were some rough moments), that they decided to leave her all day.  I went to her Infant class to pick her up and she was GONE!  I couldn't believe it!  My baby has moved up on me...when did that happen?  No more bottles, breakfasts, etc to take to school.  I mean, she could walk in/out if we let her.  I was NOT ready for this (neither was she I don't think!). 

I am 100% certain that she will LOVE the toddler room once she gets adjusted, but right now, my baby is in with all of these big kids!  Plus, it doesn't help any that I absolutely love her Infant teachers. 

Ms Brenda said that she sat at the table & ate with no problem (I wouldn't expect any issues in this area because baby girl LOVES to eat!) and did pretty well sleeping on her cot today.  She sat up during naptime, but didn't actually get off the cot.  I am so proud of her!!!  Such a big girl!

She must have been worn slap out because on the 5 minute ride home, she fell asleep.  Poor thing!  She will get used to it...they always do. 

Now if I can just get adjusted to the idea that she isn't a "baby" anymore :(

No comments: