Thursday, September 25, 2008

Not much new here

So we only have 3.5 weeks left until Brayden's arrival!!! And that is if he comes on Oct 20! Of course, Brayden might decide that he wants to come a bit early. Matt thinks the big day will be Oct 16 (our 4th wedding anniversary). I think it will be the 17th. My mom say is it will be Oct 8th (my grandfather Holbrook & great-grandfather Burris' birthdays) and my friend Renee thinks it will be Oct 7th.

All of the non-stress test have gone well so far. Brayden tends to cooperative rather well, but every once in a while he decides that Drs appointment time is naptime for him. If this is the case, they put this little buzzer thing on my belly & wake him up. It just makes a loud sound & vibrates a little. We had another Ultrasound last Monday. Brayden's growth is right on track for his age. They estimated his weight at the ultrasound (34 weeks) to be 4lbs 14oz. Unfortunatly, Brayden decided that he didn't want his picture taken. He kept putting his hands in front of his face & rolling over so that we couldn't see his face.

I feel like there is still so much to do to get ready for Brayden's arrival. The nursery is still a mess...stuff everywhere, clothes to wash, etc. I really just need 1 day to get everything in place. However, I know that if everything doesn't get done, it will still be OK. We have the crib and carseat ready to go, along with lots of diapers & wipes, so as far as Brayden will care, we have everything he needs. I am just an organizational freak & like to have everything in its place. I really need to let this go!

I also still have so many Thank you notes to write. We are SO incredibly grateful for all of the wonderful gifts that we have recived & for all of our friends & family.

Matt & I bought a new video camera last weekend. I am still trying to figure out the camera itself, but we want to learn how to past videos on the blog. If anyone is willing to give me a tutorial session on this, I would be VERY grateful!

Love
Jennifer, Matt, & Brayden

2 comments:

The Herrings said...

glad things are going well. you'll get everything ready. If the nesting instinct hasn't kicked in yet -- it probably will. As much as i hate organization and cleaning, about a week before Megan was born i had an urge to clean everything.: deep cleaned the carpets, scrubbed bathrooms, reorganized closets...it was crazy. And like you said, if it doesn't get done, then it just doesn't. in the long run, it won't make any difference. As for the videos - I tried the blogger video upload, but i got frustrated with it. The upload took forever, and the processing of the video to make it ready for blogger took even longer. We use Vimeo. It's free and very easy to use. All you do is copy and paste the html code for the video into the blog post and it shows up in blogger, and the video views much bigger than the blogger video size. The other plus about vimeo is that all your videos are in organized in one place, instead of scattered all over blog posts. So if you want to go back and find a video, or look at several - it's really easy. Take care and see you soon!

Caleb and Adrienne said...

Hey Girl!

I am so excited for you!!! You are in the home stretch!

Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help. We are pretty free the next coupple of week-ends and week-nights and would love to help you organize all your baby stuff!

Let us know! Jennifer, I hear, is VERY good at that too!

Adrienne