Thursday, September 4, 2008

update

So we have had 2 non-stress tests (NST) done so far. Basically, they let me sit in a comfy recliner, hook a contraction monitor & a heartbeat monitor to my belly and I sit there for 20-30 minutes. Each time I feel Brayden move, I am supposed to press a button which records on a printout along with his heartrate & contractions.

So far, I haven't had any contractions (which is good at this time). I am having pretty consistent Braxton-Hicks contractions throughout the day. This is also good.

During the first round of testing on Tuesday, Brayden was SO active that I only had to stay hooked to the monitor for about 10 minutes. Today, he was not performing up to par. His heartrate was perfectly fine throughout, but I think he was sleeping (or maybe just being stubborn like is mom & Granddaddy Holbrook). The nurse came in & put a little buzzer up to my belly & it vibrated & made a loud noise. This woke Brayden up for a couple of minutes, but not enough to make him want to move a lot. After about 30 minutes, they let me go. I did feel a little movement during this time, but just not what I had felt on Tuesday. Of course, now 1 hr later, he is ALL over the place.

I also got the OK from the Dr today to come to Sid's Baby Dedication! Matt and I are excited that we can come & celebrate with the rest of the family! We are looking forward to seeing everyone again.

We will have another ultrasound on Sept 15. I will post more pictures then.


33 weeks and 3 days

Love
Jennifer, Matt, & Brayden

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to know that you will be at the Baby Dedication! We will be excited to see you, since we didn't get a chance on Labor Day! Maybe John & Dana will come too! It won't be long now before Master Enzor comes into the world. I'll bring you some things that I got him and we'll call these his Christmas presents. Just wanted you to have them before so you could use them!
Love!
snlwood