Monday, September 29, 2008

Oh no!

So I have shingles!

My back suddenly started hurting (muscular hurting) last Wednesday in one particular area. I figured it was just normal pregnancy pressure, changes, etc. I kept having Matt massage it & I kept massaging at it. Then on Saturday I noticed a couple of small bumps, but neither of us could really see anything. I figured that it was a bug bite or just irritated from me messing with it. By Sunday, the "bumps" had spread to a larger patch & the patch had multiplied to 3 patches. We still didn't have any idea what it was though. I thought it might be the beginning of PUPPPS (a VERY ITCHY pregnancy rash that I had when I was pregnant with Taylor).

This morning at work, I showed a couple of people & they all pretty much thought it was probably shingles. I then showed one of the Drs that we work with. He confirmed the suspicions. I already had a Dr appt scheduled this afternoon, so I showed the Dr. He confimred that it was shingles, but didn't really seem all that concerned. Apparently, shingles is much more dangerous for early pregnancy than for late stage of pregnancy. The Dr. was able to give me a medicine that should help. So far, it really doesn't hurt too bad & it hasn't spread more than the 3 patches on my back.



36 Weeks and 4 days - Still feeling good expect for the shingles.


I wonder what other rash, disease, etc that I can come up with to have while pregnant?? However, I am so blessed that none of the problems that I have had are extremly dangerous to Brayden or me. Also, thankfully, all of the problems have been treatable! How wonderful is 21st century medicine!?!?!

Oh well! At the most, we only have 20 days to go & hopefully the shingles will be long gone by the time Brayden arrives!

3 comments:

Caleb and Adrienne said...

Sometimes I miss being pregnant, and then I hear about Shingles and PUPPS and all these other pregnancy-induced uncomforts. Hang in there. Little Baby Enzor is worth it ALL! I promise! =0)

Adrienne

Anonymous said...

So, so sorry that you have shingles!!! They are certainly uncomfortable at a time when you don't need any more discomfort! Thank the Lord,as you had mentioned, that all things are treatable and nothing to be concerned about for you or Brayden!
Thinking of you and hoping to be able to see Master Enzor Shortly!
Love, snl

Charity and Will Sutphin said...

Thank you for the awesome-mail, we love you too!! Seriously can't wait to see Brayden and I hope you start feeling better. Shingles sounds like a lot of extra fun topped onto the fact that you feel like you're about to pop. No fun. All our prayers yall's way!

C and W