Thursday, October 2, 2008

36.5 weeks

Only 17 more days to go!!! I have to say that I really have enjoyed being pregnant thus far. Give me a few years & I will be ready to do it all over again! I really haven't been all that uncomfortable or miserable unlike so many of my friends. I was only nauseated for a few days early on & then had the really itchy rash around 7-8 weeks. Other than that, I have felt great until Sunday when the shingles appeared. And who knows if I might not have gotten shingles now whether I was pregnant or not. I am just so grateful & thankful that we have excellent Drs who know how to treat the clotting disorder & that the shots have gone so well. It is obvious from the size of my belly that the shots are working correctly!

From looking at the picture, you wouldn't think that I would be that uncomfortable. Unfortunately, there is a constant burning (like bad sunburn) pain all around the 3 patches of blisters. My entire tummy also burns like sunburn.

The Drs. aren't quite sure about the tummy burning part. It might be the shingles, but without the rash or it might be something else. Whatever it is, it is very uncomfortable! Also, the only thing that they have been able to tell me to do is to take Tylenol & to use cold compresses to help ease the pain.

For now, I don't have much more to say. Maybe I will have another update on Monday after I go back to the Dr.

Love
Jennifer, Matt & Brayden (who is kicking/moving a LOT as I write this)

4 comments:

Charity and Will Sutphin said...

It'll all be worth it when you have that kid in your arms! You've gone through a lot for him already, and you'll get blessed for it!
Love yas,
Charity

Anonymous said...

If you get too uncomfortable, don't wait until Monday, call them up! That's why they get the big bucks and they better take care of our girl and baby!
We love you! Can't wait to see you both!

Charity and Will Sutphin said...

Getting close, girl! How ya feeling?

Charity and Will Sutphin said...

Your comment about "Miss Kitty" made me laugh out loud. That's hilarious. Jerry doesn't have any excuses, he's just gay. We've accepted it now.