Saturday, October 25, 2008

My First Few Days at Home

I have been a busy little boy. Thursday night was a little long & stressful for my mommy & daddy. I cried & cried & cried. My mommy couldn't get me to eat & she didn't know what was wrong. Finally, my daddy gave me a little bit of formula in a bottle & I settled down for a few hours.

I went to the Drs office for my first check-up on Friday. I weighed 6lbs 2oz at the Drs office (the same as when I was discharged from the hospital). Because I am still a little small, none of the clothes my mommy & daddy had for me fit. My daddy went to Target yesterday & bought me several new outfits that fit a little better. Thanks Daddy!

On Friday night, my Nana & BB (Daddy's mom & dad) came to visit me at home. My Nana cooked a great dinner for my mommy & daddy (fried chicken, homemade macaroni and cheese, & butter beans). I enjoyed spending time with my BB.



Also on Friday night, I got my first bath at home. Unfortunately, my mommy & daddy were too busy taking care of me & making sure I was clean to take any pictures. Maybe next time they can take some photos/video of my bath. Here is a picture of me all warm & snugly after my bath.



Friday night, I slept much better. My daddy didn't even hear me cry all night long
On Saturday, I got to spend a little quality time with my daddy. Daddy put in my bouncy seat for the first time. I liked all of the lights & sounds but wasn't so sure about the vibrating part.





Also on Saturday, my Grammie & Papaw (Mommy's mom & Dad) came for a visit. Grammie fixed lunch & then Grammie & Paw kept me while mommy & daddy went to the mall to Motherhood Maternity. I slept for almost the entire time, but did wake up in time for a quick diaper change just before mommy & daddy came home.

3 comments:

The Herrings said...

Jennifer, Matt, and Brayden,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so glad Brayden arrived safely. He is just adorable and I can't wait to meet him. I know you've got a lot going on getting settled in at home, but do let me know when I can drop by. I'm so happy for you all!!

Charity and Will Sutphin said...

He's beautiful!! We can't wait to see him in person! Love you guys!

Caleb and Adrienne said...

Welcome home! I am so happy to hear that you are all adjusting to life together and taking it one day at a time.

We are all praying for you like crazy and so happy that little Brayden is here!