Saturday, January 10, 2009

Changing Everyday

My little baby is growing up SO fast! I can't believe that on Monday he will be 12 weeks old! It seems like just yesterday that the hospital called & told us to come start the induction. The time has really flown by.

He is holding his head up on his own 98% of the time now. The only time that his head really flops & needs support is when he is tired. Bath time has gotten easier & Brayden loves to "float" in the water with me holding him up. He kicks his little legs and splashes his hands. When you put him on his tummy, he will lift his head & try to look around. He is still working on really pulling his head up & pushing up on his arms, but can do this if he really tries. It all depends on his mood.

Trying to lift his head to look around


If you put Brayden in his bouncy seat or on his floor mat, he will bat at the hanging critters to activate the lights and music. He has learned quickly that the more he moves around the longer the lights and music will stay on.

Talking to the lights & music


Brayden also loves to be sung to. No, I can not carry a tune, but he doesn't seem to care. On a daily basis, I sing the ABC song and also do the alphabet in sign language. I have read that doing signs from an early age helps with general language development, so why not give it a try. We sing lots of silly songs & he coos, smiles, and laughs at me. Matt likes to make silly faces & noises at Brayden & get the same deep belly laughs. They are great!!! One day I will get them on video & post them.

No comments: