Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Mommy!!



Today I turned old. Not that I think 30 is old, because it isn't, but there is something about going from "20 something" to "30 something" that makes me feel older. Usually, I don't feel any older on my birthday, but today has been different. Maybe it is because now I have a baby of my own & when I think back to when I turned 20, I was a sophomore in college. All I had to worry about then was grades & what to eat for dinner.

Anyway, I had a GREAT day! Brayden & Matt gave me cards this morning & TONS of friends on Facebook wished me Happy Birthday. We spent the weekend in Albemarle with my parents & got to see lots of friends. My best from growing up, Julie, is expecting her first little boy in a few weeks. Her baby shower was on Saturday so my mom, Brayden & I all went to that. We had a great time catching up with everyone.

The Mommy & Daddy-To-Be (Julie & Steve)


Julie & Brayden


Then on Sunday, my 2 best friends from high school, Renee & Susan came over. Renee's little boy, Hayden, kept us all entertained! Now I really see what we have to look forward to in a 2 years!

Brayden & Susan


Renee with a lapful! Brayden & Hayden!


My grandmother (Buh) also came up to visit for my birthday on Sunday.

Brayden's first time in the stroller (without the carseat)!




Look at that cute face!


We had a really great weekend with friends & family!

2 comments:

Caleb and Adrienne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What a wonderful way to celebrate with family and friends!

Charity and Will Sutphin said...

Sorry we missed everyone this weekend. I had one of my best friend's showers to go to, too, but I wished we could have been down at the beach with everyone. Happy belated birthday!!