Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Preparations

We have been very busy the past few weeks getting ready for Christmas. Brayden has been a trooper through all of the shopping trips! A few weekends ago (of course the Saturday that it was like 35ยบ and raining!) we went shopping and hit 10 store in 4 hours + had lunch! Brayden never once fussed. This past Saturday, Brayden & I went out again. He wasn't quite so in the mood for shopping, but we got everything accomplished that was on my list.

I was also worried that we would have a toppled over tree or ripped open packages, but Brayden is surprisingly scared of the tree. I think he is warming up to it, but he really hasn't thought about touching it or the wrapped gifts underneath.

This past weekend I also made homemade sugar Christmas cookies and icing. I decorated most of them and saved 3 cookies for Brayden to decorate. I stripped him down, put in an old t-shirt, and put him on the kitchen floor on a bunch of newspaper and let him go to town. Of course, my never full child wanted to only eat the cookies and icing, but we did get a bit of icing on the cookies before he eat all of both!

Here are a few photos of Brayden's Christmas Cookie Decorating experience:


Can you guess which one is Bradyen's??

The final product - a snowman, a Christmas tree (half eaten), and an angel.

No comments: